доехала удачно. целую. крыша

KristenМои рецепты
aw...thanks friends

21 Фев 2008 15:58

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
KristenHi, glad to see you here in our ESR. You're from New York, aren't you? I've been to this great city. Sorry to say I have mixed emotions about it as I happened to get into the middle of some draft argument ( if it's possible to call it an argument). I have been to the Metropolitan museum and enjoyed a fairy musical "Hotel" in Broadway, nothing to say of shops and walking, walking and walking. We didn't stay long there, but it stands out in my memory quite vividly as if it were yesterday. I like Americans. By the way they used to say that our two nations have much in common. Do we? Romashki Embarassed

21 Фев 2008 16:55

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
New York--is all about mixed ppl and with them come extreeeemely mixed emotions. Its ok. what 2 nations exactly ?I'm not shure I get it
Embarassed
yea..Americans're hard working ppl. The atmosphere here is pretty intense also. Where did u go to college?

21 Фев 2008 19:47

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Kristen писал(а):
Where did u go to
What college do you mean? You see I studied in the Far East State university in Vladivostok, then in the USA. I did aspecial course for Teachers of English as a foreign language - textbooks developers. It was sponsord by the USIA.
How long have you been living in the USA? give_heart

21 Фев 2008 20:39

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

21 Фев 2008 20:41

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

21 Фев 2008 22:34

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie Hello, darling. I'm all right, thank you. Miss my daughter and small Nataly very much and phone them every day. My students... can't say that I like their study. Sorry to say they are lazy sometimes and seem not to understand why they have chosen languages as their main occupation. My former students whom I taught for two years are much better: diligent, smart and industrious. They have come to my place today. We had tasty lunch and chat a lot as far as they miss me and I miss them badly.
I envy you a bit. I mean duffordils and spring having come to Ireland. And Iam happy that you can enjoy it. Romashki Romashki

21 Фев 2008 22:39

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Kristen писал(а):
at it already...would u like to join also this forum....for lonely ppl???? i'm e.m.e. there....maybe u can cheer up somebody or inspire....check it out ...people
I've just tried that forum you've mentioned. Maybe I don't understand anything but it seemed a bit strange. You see I need time to consider what my role can be. You can write me personally if you want. Welcome. Romashki friends

22 Фев 2008 9:13

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
NatalyS писал(а):
What college do you mean? You see I studied in the Far East State university in Vladivostok, then in the USA. I did aspecial course for Teachers of English as a foreign language - textbooks developers. It was sponsord by the USIA.
How long have you been living in the USA? give_heart

NatalyS, I sort of feel uncomfortable for some reason addressing u as just "u"
I dont know.. ur older than my mother...Smile sharik .

do u think Mrs. NatalyS would be more appropriate? This title "Mrs." shows more respect toward certain ppl... Drinks or Beer

I've been living here for past 10 years...
no, not going back...maybe just to visit.

do u like English language?ur grammar is perfect. How long have u stayed in US?wow...text book develper? thats pretty big....congrads
do u live in Vladivostok? whats it like?

22 Фев 2008 9:23

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
Splattie писал(а):
!
How are you?

not too bad...thanks. U? Drinks or Beer

Цитата:
Do you live in NY permenantly?

yea, I'm stuck here 4eva ..lol

Цитата:
I live in Ireland permenatly for about 3 years now and the first two years were just disaster!

oh maaan, tell me about it. I came here at 16 , went to the worst school around with gangs and police cars cruising around the building every 2 minutes...boys passing through metal detectors....
For 1st 2 years I suffered major depression while adapting in US. It was terrible.

Цитата:
Sad Confused Now things are looking up and I am getting used to the island step by step.verygood

ur not there all by urself, are u?
I'm happy to hear ur getting used to them already. Smile

22 Фев 2008 9:27

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
but why Ireland???? sounds strange...never heard anyone moving to Ireland before...

22 Фев 2008 9:32

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
NatalyS писал(а):
I've just tried that forum you've mentioned. Maybe I don't understand anything but it seemed a bit strange.

most of them are depressed there...and few are trying haaaard to talk some ppl out of commiting suicide.....Its not really the best place for regular ppl to be ...are u on any other eng. speaking forums right now?

Цитата:
You can write me personally if you want. Welcome. Romashki friends

thanks so much. I'll keep that in mind.

friends

are u teaching still?

22 Фев 2008 16:43

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Kristen писал(а):
do u think Mrs. NatalyS would be more appropriate?

darling, I don't think it makes any difference. In fact I neither feel nor look old. As for the age according to passport... Do you think it's important? My daughter, her friends and even my students has never treated me like old or disabled. Call me by my first name and it'll be all right. American way of calling people you mix with by their first name appeals better to me than using patronimic. More than that on the site all women and sometimes men are supposed to be friends or good aquaintances as far as we have the same interests and respect each other whatever their age is. Romashki
friends

As for those people feeling depressed or even suicidal sometimes..... I doubt that someone is able to help them if they themselves don't want to cope with their problems on their own. I know from my own experience that for some people especially young it's a kind of bravado when they want to demonstrate how cool they are just to keep up. Whereas for those who are really facing a problem but don't feel the need to conform it's but natural to consider the situation or discuss it with someone they confide in ( I call it verbalization) or read special books to find a solution or learn how other people behaved in the situation like theirs. You see I have had a lot of difficult situations with my family life or career and I would do my best not to let anyone even my dearest and nearest learn about it untill I managed to improve it or at least realize whether it's really vital or just casual one we should take for granted.
Sorry, I've made you tired. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's my personal position. Embarassed secret Aren't you Shocked ? I didn't mean to do it. search
As for other questions, let me answer them a bit later as a girl who comes to my place to clean has fallen ill and today I have to do cleaning myself. Sad

22 Фев 2008 19:17

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

22 Фев 2008 19:20

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

22 Фев 2008 19:27

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты
Kristen

22 Фев 2008 19:29

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты
NatalyS

22 Фев 2008 22:28

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
KristenHi, I'm here again ready to answer the questions I couldn't before as I had to clean my flat because of my cleaning girl being ill.
I like English very much. Moreover it has been my profession for 36 years. In addition to the language I teach my students methods of teaching English. It's interesting too as I have a lot to share from my own experience.
It's now long ago that I did a month course in the USA. We studied travelling around the country. This is how I visited 8 cities and towns in 5 states including Washington, D.C., San Fransisco, New York, Denver, Boulder, Leadville, Chappel Hill and Winston Salem. It was really great experience and people we mixed with either at universities, offices or in the streets, shops and restaurants were kind and considerate, they used to show their sincere interest to us and our country. I don't understand people saying that they don't like this or that nation because of this or because of that.... It's not decent and just. This is what I think about it.
Now I live in Lipetsk. It's 400 km south from Moscow. Bye. My best regards to your mother. Romashki Will you tell about you? What are you doing for a living? Where did you study? Are you married? By the way my daughter is 26 too. She is Olga.
Embarassed Embarassed

23 Фев 2008 9:04

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
aw...telling about me...my life has been pretty messed up since I came here. kinda sad. I dont even know where to start. So for now..I'll just drop this topic. Sorry. Embarassed Embarassed and plus most of the time im sorta not in the mood..sorry

23 Фев 2008 9:21

Распечатать сообщение
Kristen

KristenМои рецепты
Splattie писал(а):
Kristen

I am actually Russian, from Russia.

yea..I figured that.So thats why I asked why u moved there since everybody else from former USSR tries to get here in everyway possible. poor ppl.

Цитата:
Although most of them are Russian by their ethnicity, they never admit it, and call themselves Estonians, Latvians and Lithuaninas, when for the Irish it doesn't matter at all.

I never get that. Isnt it like betraying ur own country?thats mean.

Цитата:
Where were yopu from originally, Kristen?

I was "made in Ukraine". Thank god I left ,otherwise I would have died of bordom. Boring place. I hope ppl from ukr here don'tl kick my a**.

anyway,Im going to sleep, not in mood for anything..

Confused

yea, last Christmas tourists mostly from Europe were everywhere buying everything they could get their hands on. Its because US dollar lost its value to Euro. But at the same time all those expenditures are our income, so hopefully it boosted this downfalling economy up a little.....

I'll see u guys later.
see u later alligators....in a while crocodile ..lol

geez,so tired ,ready to pass out.

25 Фев 2008 20:38

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты
Kristen

26 Фев 2008 17:09

Распечатать сообщение