English speaking room

Сообщение Автор

03 Янв 2008 19:38

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie, hi! Have you got my letter? I looked through my e-mail the very moment we came home from the railway station. It was about 8 in the morning. Then something was wrong with my comp., that's why I ask you if you've got my letter. As for the film "War and Peace" and Audry Hapburn starring in the part of Natasha Rostova, may be I'm mistaken, I've always been sure that it was her. It was the first movie version of the novel. Now I realize that it has very little in common with the world famous novel, but at that time I experienced a kind of a shock. Sorry to say I've never heard or read about the film any more. I don't think it was just a dream as far as it stands out in my memory quite vividly. But now I doubt. May be I'm mistaken. Never mind, it's possible to learn, for instance, with the help of the internet. This is what I'm going to do and then share the results of my investigation. Bye. friends New Year Tree

03 Янв 2008 19:54

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Катри, hello. Glad to see you here. What's your native language? Is it Russian? What are you? Is English your hobby or profession, maybe future profession? If you don't mind we'll communicate. I personally am looking forward to speaking English to each who wants the same. I'm happy to see more and more girls in the English Speaking Room and suggest that we should share our New Year experiences. Let's tell each other how we saw the New Year in and what we remembered best of all, what presents we presented our dearest and nearest with and what presents we got, what activities we took part in or how we organized the celebration at home. Would you like to? New Year Go New Year gifts friends

One thing, girls, let's try to use correct English. I mean if you want to write the word'you' write it correctly, not like 'u'. Agreed? We do make mistakes as far as it is not our native language but I don't think that it's possible to make them intentionally just to show how cool we are. Sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone.
Sad good

03 Янв 2008 20:08

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie писал(а):
I never knew - a semi-literate vilage woman! - that Audry Hebburn played the part of Natasha

"I could have danced all night,
I could have danced all night
And still have begged for more..." It's my favourite one from "My Fair Lady". I'm not sure if the quatation is right, but it looks like that.
Dear Tatiana, I've found the information about Audry Hapburn starring in the part of Natasha Rostova. Yes, the film was made in 1956 and I saw it in something like 1960. She was considered the best Natasha. Bye. Romashki New Year Tree

03 Янв 2008 22:38

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты
Nataly Rose

06 Янв 2008 3:52

Распечатать сообщение
lilidzhan

Лили(я)

38 лет
Latvia, Рига-Вентспилс

lilidzhanМои рецепты
"u" that's chat variant Smile not mistake

06 Янв 2008 12:14

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
lilidzhan писал(а):
"u" that's chat variant not mistake

Dear lilidzhan, do you mean that it's possible to use rude words or illiterate forms if you want to express certain ideas? I am not sure that it's good to ignore other people's feelings. We are here in the ESR to improve our English not to make it even worse just to show that our command of the language is so perfect that we substitute simple words by symbols. If you want to chat... why not ... Do it in the Chatting Room. Smile

06 Янв 2008 22:30

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
NatalyS писал(а):
to make them intentionally

lilidzhan You see, darling, I'm quite aware of your position concerning chatting. So if you insist on using this variant, why not. Maybe you'll find other people to chat using the English you prefer. I don't mean to impose my ideas on you. Sorry. a_ya_protiv read

"Fare thee well! And if for ever,
Still for ever, fare thee well:
Even though unforgiving, never
'Gainst thee shall my heart rebell"
G.G. Byron

06 Янв 2008 22:49

Распечатать сообщение
lilidzhan

Лили(я)

38 лет
Latvia, Рига-Вентспилс

lilidzhanМои рецепты
im not insisting, in my opinion, it is up to everyone what kind of language they use Smile i believe, there s nothing wrong in using u instead of you, as far as i noticed we r not writing essays to each other Very Happy

06 Янв 2008 23:07

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
lilidzhan писал(а):
we r not writing essays to each other

Nothing of the kind.

08 Янв 2008 17:26

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
lazy2 Hi, girls! Where are you? Still sleeping after long Christmas holidays?
Wake up, will you? New Year Go Santa CLause is leaving us as well as Grandfather Frost. Let's get ready to celebrate a new holiday. What is it? Who knows? It has become an international one. For me it's associated with love songs. Romashki girl_in_love

09 Янв 2008 4:20

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты
NatalyS!

That's specialy for you as you are an admirer of Audry girl.

My head's too light to try to set it down!
Bed! Bed! I couldn't go to bed!
I couldn't sleep tonight.
Not for all the jewels in the crown!

I could have danced all night!
And still have begged for more.

I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things I've never done before.

I'll never know What made it so exciting;
Why all at once My heart took flight. I only know when he
Began to dance with me I could have danced,
danced, danced all night!

And still have begged for more.

I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things I've never done before.
I'll never know What made it so exciting.
Why all at once my heart took flight.
I only know when he
Began to dance with me.
I could have danced, danced danced all night!

I'll never know What made it so exciting.
Why all at once my heart took flight. I only know when he
Began to dance with me I could have danced, danced,
danced All night!

That's an old friend of mine, Hedhehog the Hog, found it for you somewhere.

09 Янв 2008 4:21

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

09 Янв 2008 4:23

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

10 Янв 2008 15:37

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie Superb! Do you hear me singing? I could have danced all night.... verygood Romashki friends

14 Янв 2008 0:09

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 1:06

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie, darling, glad to see you again. Have you got my last lletter?

I want to play this game. Why not? Stereotypes.... Very interesting, actually. Americans are believed not to be against profiting at the expence of another. In this situation they might profit from the situation itself. As far as they know on which side their bread is buttered they'd do their best to start some kind of business. I don't really know what sort of business it could be because I'm not so clever as they are.

As for the Welsh they would sing songs and wait for someone to come and help them out.
Scottsmen are supposed to be a bit rough and certainly bold. They might drink some alcohol first as they are alleged to be heavy drinkers.Then the men would cut down a tree, if there was any on the island, and make a boat to get home.
The Irishmen... I don't think I know much about their national character. That doesn't mean that I have a better idea about others, but at least I've read something about them. Maybe they being independent and courageous would found a new state and develop democracy the way they see it.
I'm simplly mad about English people! Sometimes they are too reserved, at least they are thought to be reserved. Do you remember their proverb about their home being their castle? They might built a huge fence around the island and live aloof from the world. Any other ideas? Would you share them with me? friends

14 Янв 2008 2:40

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 2:58

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 3:03

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 3:09

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie писал(а):
the Englishmen are supposed to be extremely posh.

Do you mean to say that being on an isolated uninhabited island they would have a chance to posh themselves out or start a luxurious life? Why not?
Adam Smith.... sclerosis if I'm not mistaken this gentleman investigated the origin and reasons of people's wealth and came to the conclusion that marketing shouldn't be interfered in as far as people working for their own profit work for the society in the long run. He was a Scottish man. Maybe his countrymen would work hard and the more they would work the more expensive their products would be and the richer they would become. this scenic umnik2

14 Янв 2008 3:11

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 3:16

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 3:16

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie What does the word"scip" mean? I haven't found it in me comp. dictionary. Thank you.

14 Янв 2008 3:19

Распечатать сообщение
Splattie

65 лет
Ireland

SplattieМои рецепты

14 Янв 2008 3:19

Распечатать сообщение
NatalyS

Липецк

NatalySМои рецепты
Splattie писал(а):
They would start a bank.

Great! Bankers all over the world are very rich. And Scottish people are pery wise and practical, aren't they? Yahoo!
Страница 5 из 77

Наверх